Minimum 90 Day Rental
- Rental fees are billed to a credit card every 90 days.
- A second card is requested to be on file, to be used only if the primary card provided is declined.
- Please note that The Violin Shop does not send out reminder notices.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to notify us before the next payment due date if you have changes in your address, phone numbers, credit cards, or are planning to return the instrument.
Violin Rental Rate $30.00/ per month, billed quarterly $ 90.00 – Optional insurance is $3.00/ month billed quarterly $9.00
Viola Rental Rate $35.00/ month, billed quarterly $105.00 – Optional insurance is $3.00/month billed quarterly $9.00
Cello Rental Rate $50.00/ month, billed quarterly $150.00 – Optional insurance is $5.00/month billed quarterly $15.00
Exchanging your rental as your child grows. You will be charged for replacing the strings on the smaller instrument at the time of exchange. Excessive damage on the returned instrument may incur extra charges.
Please call two weeks in advance if you wish to upsize your rental.
RENTAL CREDIT APPLIED TOWARD PURCHASE
If you wish to purchase the rental outfit you have:
- 100% of the first 6 months of rental is applied.
- 50% of subsequent payments apply, up to ½ the value of the instrument.
You may exchange your purchased rental instrument once for a larger size of the same rental model,
minus the cost of restoring your instrument to rentable condition.
If you wish to purchase an upgraded instrument:
- 100% of the first year’s rental is applied.
- 50% of subsequent payments apply up to ½ the value of the upgraded instrument.
- Please call to schedule an appointment to try out the wide range of upgrades available.
CARE & MAINTENANCE OF INSTRUMENTS
- Hold your instrument by the neck as much as possible. This will keep fingerprints off the varnish and reduce the need for cleaning. A stable atmosphere of 40% to 60% humidity is best for your instrument and bow.
- Wipe the rosin and perspiration off your instrument, bow stick and strings with the micro-fiber cloth provided after playing to avoid rosin build-up. In addition, do not use any type of polish on the instrument as it also creates a wax build-up.
- Do not touch the bow hair and the strings between the bridge and the fingerboard. This will keep your hair and strings oil free so the bow will grab the strings better.
- Tuning with the pegs causes large changes in the pitch and can result in the strings breaking. We recommend letting your teacher tune your instrument for you until you are able to match pitch.
We recommend that you insure your instrument for damages. If you wish to purchase insurance through us,
please fill out the portion on the rental application that applies.
2023 RENTAL APPLICATION & AGREEMENT
Please read each of the following:
AGREEMENT OF CONDITION
I agree that the items I am renting are in excellent condition, with no raw wood showing or open cracks. I understand that the items are to be kept in its case or bag whenever it is not being played and that it will not be left in any place where it can be knocked over or have something knocked over on it. I understand that the top is especially vulnerable and that edges may chip and break if mistreated. I agree to keep the rental instrument, including the bow away from extreme hot or cold temperatures and will not leave the items in the trunk of a car, or in an unoccupied car. Heat damage or leaving an instrument in an unsecured place unattended are considered neglect and ARE NOT COVERED under insurance_____
If I choose not to purchase insurance, I understand that I am responsible for and will be charged for any maintenance or repairs due to damage, neglect, or accident, including fire and theft. I agree to have adjustments or repairs of the instrument done ONLY BY THE VIOLIN SHOP, and under no circumstance will attempt to "fix" on my own OR take elsewhere.
1. RENTAL PERIOD - I understand that the rental period is for 90 days and that continued payments constitute renewal of this agreement. Returns made in the first 90 days will not be refunded.
Debit/ credit cards will be charged on due date. Returns made during subsequent rental period may be refunded per 30-day period. There is a $10.00 processing fee to refund a charge that falls within the 7-day grace period on all returns that have already been processed.
2. LATE FEES – If credit card is declined, there will be a $10.00 late charge/per month after 7 days of due date.
I agree to notify The Violin Shop of any changes in debit/credit card status and to provide updated information before the next rental period becomes due and payable.
3. INSURANCE –Insurance can be purchased through The Violin Shop and covers damage to the instrument, bow or case. (Strings are not included). Excessive damage to the body through misuse is not covered. Monthly cost is an additional $3.00 for violin and viola, $5.00 for cello. In case of theft, a copy of filed police report must accompany claim.
If you wish to take a rental instrument out of state, regardless of duration, you must notify us with inclusive dates and there is no insurance coverage while out of the state.
4. CHANGE OF ADDRESS – I agree to notify The Violin Shop of any changes of residence, credit card information or phone numbers.
5. OUR RIGHT TO TAKE POSSESSION - Should the renter default on payment or not return the instrument, legal action will be taken. The renter understands that accounts past due will be sent to a collection agency which will result in additional costs as well as any late fees accumulated. All items are and shall remain the property of The Violin Shop.
6. DAMAGES – In the event of damage, theft or loss, I agree to notify The Violin Shop immediately and I agree to assume full financial responsibility for repairs and devaluation or replacement at the agreed value if I opt not to insure while renting. Insured renters are exempt from repair costs that are not considered damage from neglect or abuse.
7. RETURNS – I assume full responsibility for the care and safety of these items until I return the rental to The Violin Shop. I understand that all payments are due upon return, including any repair costs, late fees or other charges.
I have read and understand this agreement and agree to all its terms.